The Set-Up Person, Press Brake Department is responsible for the set-up and forming of sheet metal parts in a production environment. The employee should be capable of setting up and operating press a variety of CNC and manual press brakes.
The set-up person is responsible for the set-up and quality of the parts being produced and must be able to set-up the equipment to meet/exceed established production tolerances and rates. The set-up person must be able to use basic hand tools, as well as inspection measuring tools and equipment to assure all related tolerances and dimensions.
- Reads drawings and written work orders required in the fabrication of formed parts.
- Assists others within the department as required by his/her supervisor.
- Set up of press brakes (Accurpress Press Brakes).
- Maintains all shop equipment, tools and fixtures for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of equipment in the forming department.
- Keeps accurate production paperwork/records including, but not limited to 1st piece inspection, number of parts produced, defective units produced per job, communicate non-conforming items, shortages, et al to the Manager of Quality Concepts/Plant Manager.
- Lead member of all ISO/Lean initiatives.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed, for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
Skills & Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract small, medium or large numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to use a tape measure or other measuring devices such as calipers and to work with any/all specified tolerances. Must be able to read a decimal chart and simple/complex drawings to verify product identification and requirements.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- CNC Press Brake Programming/Set-Up capability a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regular lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Must have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- May work at different stations as production needs required, or shifts from one station to another during assembly process.
- The use of Safety Glasses and Safety Shoes is required.
Manufacturing shop plant, employee will be exposed to vibration, moving, mechanical parts and other manufacturing tools, and machinery.